ALEXANDER AND MARGARET JANE SARTORIS
MARRIED JULY 22, 1876
Margaret Jane worked as a cook in the boarding house where Alexander lived and thus they met. They were married in Truro, near Maitland, and moved to Taunton, Massachusetts, USA, in or about 1886. Of the 9 children born to Alexander and Margaret Jane, 5 were born in Maitland and the remaining 4 were born in Taunton. The children born to Alexander and Margaret Jane were Clarence Edward, Arthur Sherwood, Robert Gordon, John Robert, Morton Gerish, Annie Maud, Francis Curtis, Carlton Roy, and Alexander (Alexander died at birth in Taunton, Massachusetts.)
With Alexander and Margaret Jane over the next several years were Alexander's sister Mary and her husband, Benjamin Cobb. It is said that of an evening Alexander and Benjamin would retire to a workshed behind the house and with a pail of beer, work on projects. A few of these projects were an old grandfather clock, a desk, a credenza, and others.. Alexander was known as one of the best cabinet makers in Taunton and worked in the Taunton State Hospital since coming to the United States. Alexander and Margaret Jane's home was at 10 Hodges Ave., Taunton, Massachusetts.
Margaret died March 17, 1920, and Alexander died April 1, 1923.
GREAT GREAT GRANDCHILDREN OF VALENTINE AND ELIZABETH SARTORIS
CHILDREN OF ALEXANDER AND MARGARET JANE SARTORIS
* First child born to Alexander and Margaret Jane - Born April 28, 1876, in Maitland, Nova Scotia. Married Maud (Kidd) Marriot, December 30, 1903. Clarence died May 16, 1939, at his youngest living brother's (Carlton's) house. Maud died May 8, 1939. Clarence and Maud had no children.
ARTHUR SHERWOOD SARTORIS
* Second child born to Alexander and Margaret Jane - Born March 3, 1878, in Maitland, Nova Scotia. Married Ida Francis (Peirce), October 29, 1901. Arthur died August 3, 1949. Ida died September 24, 1955. Arthur and Ida had two children, Ruth, who died when she was about 20, and Clara who died in infancy.
ROBERT GORDON SARTORIS
* Third child born to Alexander and Margaret Jane - Born May 26, 1881, in Maitland, Nova Scotia;Died January 21, 1883.
JOHN ROBERT SARTORIS
* Fourth child born to Alexander and Margaret Jane - Born September 11, 1883, in Maitland, Nova Scotia. Married Minnie Elizabeth (King), June 14, 1905. John died December 12, 1957, in Taunton, Massachusetts. Minnie died April 23, 1946. John and Minnie had one child, Gordon Lee Sartoris.
MORTON GERISH SARTORIS
* Fifth child born to Alexander and Margaret Jane - Born March 22, 1886 in Maitland, Nova Scotia. Married Clara Deroll July 1, 1910. Morton died January 28, 1956 in Taunton, Massachusetts. Morton and Clara had one child, whose name was Harry.
ANNIE MAUD SARTORIS
* Sixth child born to Alexander and Margaret Jane - Born March 24, 1888 in Taunton, Massachusetts. She died February 26, 1894.
FRANCIS CURTIS SARTORIS
* Seventh child born to Alexander and Margaret Jane - Born June 7, 1890 in Taunton, Massachusetts. Married F. Leonie Dore September 11, 1910. Leonie died July 4, 1911. Francis and Leonie had one child. Her name was Eleanor. Frank remarried, to Susan (Van Blarcom) Harley on June 13, 1915.
CARLTON ROY SARTORIS
* Eighth child born to Alexander and Margaret Jane - Born April 1, 1893 in Taunton, Massachusetts. Married Florence Hazel Lutz November 30, 1917. Hazel was born Kent, Ohio on November 30, 1895. Carlton and Hazel had four children. They were Margaret Leah, Dorothy Lutz, Carlton Roy Jr., and Robert Sherwood. Carlton Roy died November 22, 1975 in Copley, Ohio, and Hazel died November 23, 1976.
* Ninth child born to Alexander and Margaret Jane. Alexander died at birth in Taunton, Massachusetts.